EMAIL

For questions or comments you don't want left on this blog please email me. Put TinCanCooking in subject area.

Copy and paste in your own web email box.
rwngwacko2@aol.com

Friday, June 15, 2012

Stocking Up

This is the time of the year where you can get great fresh produce. Now is the time to stock up for those days you either just don't want to cook or because winter is to harsh for a garden and the stores are to expensive.

Here is a real good list of items you should always keep in your home. I can't do this because my frig is very small. I used to stock up when I had a house.
Both of these links are from my new found foodtv host, Ree Drummond.
Check out her kitchen. Wow cement for counter tops. Do you need an engineer for that? hehe

Stocking up
Stocking up printable list.

Like I said in my previous post. If you are making chili or spaghetti for dinner make enough for another meal and freeze it.
A good way to freeze veggie or fruit:
Clean the fresh produce
Chop them into sizes you want
Set fruit on a sheet pan in one layer in your freezer (this is flash freezing)
After it freezes put in air tight bags or use vacuume bags ( my choice is vacuume seal them)
LABLE the bags. Make sure you put a date on it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment