- Make my Menu on Friday along with what I need to buy at the store for those menus. I include food we need for breakfast, lunches, and snacks.
- I go to 2-3 stores when shopping. My main store is Trader Joe's, then the local store here called HEB, and sometimes Costco and the Dollar General.
- At home I wash all the produce and wipe off other containers.
Yes, I even wash the carrots and their bag. I then put the carrots back in the bags. We use 1/2 apple and two carrots each day in our lunches.
Sunday I bake and make meals needed for the week lunch and dinners that take a long time.
This week we will be eating corn beef and cabbage.
- I first boiled a few eggs for our tuna salad
- I put a pot of boiling filtered water on and put the whole cabbage in the water for a couple of minutes. This releases the large leaves for one of my weekly meals, cabbage rolls. The remainder of the cabbage is put back in the frig after it cools off.
- Recently I found a few packets of gelatin and decided to make REAL jello with apple cranberry juice and sliced apples. Recipe below.
- We are having a Cobb Salad tonight with grilled shrimp. I will grill the whole bag and use the second part for my stir fry dinner on Monday.
- Next I need to make chicken pasta salad: shell pasta, chicken, chopped celery, can of your favorite beans rinsed, green onions (optional), any other veggies you like, shredded Parmesan Cheese, and Italian Dressing. I also add more seasonings like oregano or basil.
- We plan on using turkey bones for our soup/sand night. I will bake the turkey in the oven and when it cools take the meat off for sandwiches.
- For snack I will make some zucchinis muffins. Remember after you shred the zucchinis you need to squeeze the water out before adding to muffin mixture. Put them in a wash cloth and wring them out.
Jello Recipe 8 srvs
Choose a REAL juice you like. Fruit juice cocktail is NOT ALL JUICE.
2 tablespoons honey or sugar (apple juice is not real sweet so I added cane sugar)
Bring 3 cups juice and sweetener to a boil, turn off heat
Mix together 1 cup juice and 2 packages gelatin. Add to heated mixture
Put in glass bowel
Cool for 3 hours.
You can add fruit, other than pineapple, halfway through the cooling period.