EMAIL

For questions or comments you don't want left on this blog please email me. Put TinCanCooking in subject area.

Copy and paste in your own web email box.
rwngwacko2@aol.com

Friday, June 8, 2012

What is Tin Can Cooking

No, I don't cook in tin-cans. I live in a 30" travel trailer. Yes, for the last 3 years, 4 months, and 26 days we have been living in what I call a Tin Can, with fond affection of course.
Uprooted from a western state due to a slow economy we moved south near a large city looking for employment. Living in 300 square feet is a challenge after moving from an 1870 square feet home.
The purpose of this blog spot is to give you some incite on RV living. Every thing in its place and a place for everything, is our motto.
I cook mostly from scratch using organic/natural/sustainable produce, grains, and beans, meats, and dairy. Living in the south provides many farmers markets and roadside stands. On my other blog spot called PreventionWithoutDrugs I explain what organic is and why their products are more expensive. The way I look at it, I would rather pay for good wholesome food than for doctor visits.
I hope I can give you some tips on how I shop frugally to make a dollar stretch. We live on a tight budget.
Please give me any suggestions or ask any questions you may have. Enjoy this sight. Humor and good friendship enables hubby and I to live in a small space for so many years.

2 comments:

  1. hey, Glenda, this is very cool! I love the apricot chicken recipe, I may try it!! but I have to get apricots LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the best blog ever! I intend to try the taco salad this week. And I :)the fish-shaped pizza:)

    I've never had a seasonal produce list before this, and I hope to make good use of the one provided. Then I'll have to find a Fresh Market. I think there is one nearby.



    ReplyDelete