EMAIL

For questions or comments you don't want left on this blog please email me. Put TinCanCooking in subject area.

Copy and paste in your own web email box.
rwngwacko2@aol.com

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easter Dinner in our TinCan

Living in Texas makes it hard to find leg of lamb. Its cattle cattle cattle here. I did fine a lamb steak at HEB. I marinated it and grilled it along with partial cooked red potatoes/onions/mushrooms, steamed asparagus, deviled eggs, and homemade fruit salad.

Marinaded Lamb 2 servings

Combine: 1/3 C olive oil, minced clove of garlic, 1/2 teaspoon oregano and mint, 1/2 juiced lemon, and salt and pepper to taste.
Put this in a zip lock bag and add the lamb steak. Put in frig all day. Approximately 5 hours.

I cooked our lamb steak on our inside grill.

I love this grill. I have a flat side too for pancakes. I no longer fry taco shells I use this.
Fruit Salad  4 servings

Early in the day I cut up one peeled apple, one grapefruit WITH JUICE, 1 can of rinsed mandarin oranges.
The grapefruit juice is a substitute for lemon juice keeping the apple from turning color.

Grilled Red Potatoes 2 servings


Cook or microwave two red potatoes. Cut in pieces and add: onion chunks, and mushroom halved.
Add 3  tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon mint and oregano, salt and pepper.
Grill on a grill until done.


Marinated Lamb and potato mixture
Steamed asparagus
Fruit salad, asparagus, grilled lamb and potatoes, deviled eggs, and wine



No comments:

Post a Comment