Sometimes it's easier to make one simple change and work on it until you feel comfortable, then attempt the next step. I will try to make each step as simple as I can, while giving you links to reputable sites so you can educate yourselves.
Because of our fast paced lifestyles and bombardment of processed food commercials many resort to prepacked meals and fast food. I understand life can be busy and time limited. Hopefully, my ideas will take very little time adding short cut tips and various cooking applications.
- Buy multiple canned or frozen ingredients on sale.
- After grocery shopping wash and cut up produce you will use in several recipes. Example: Cut up onions, carrots, potatoes, and garlic for your Pot Roast and put them in a Ziploc bag. Label and date.
- Set out non perishable ingredients the night before if you are going to use the crock pot. You can even measure the dry herbs and put them in a sealed container.
- Organize your pantry. Label the shelves if need be.
- Buy dried herbs in bulk. HEB is a gold mine of bulk dried herbs for literally pennies. Refill existing containers or get fancy and buy containers and put fancy labels on them.
- If you buy meat in bulk divide and conquer. Divide the meat, put in foil, and then in freezer Ziploc bags. Label and date.
Let me know if you have any great short cut ideas.