Back at home today and after grocery shopping I washed my produce, will make a large fruit salad (only fruit...using grapefruit instead of lemon juice), marinade the beef for tomorrows lunches, bake blueberry/macadamia nut GF muffins ( using unsweetened applesauce instead of the oil) with some lemon zest and juice for some zing.
Tonight I have left over baked chicken and will make a small (2 portion) casserole with a large salad. We need to get back on PORTION CONTROL. I have a tendency to make to much and yes we eat it all. SOOO I will do my best to make two portions. I think that means 2 small handfuls of dry pasta per person. No canned soup here, I make my own white sauce and add spices.
Since I have been GF I find wheat bread the most difficult to digest. I can have a few noodles and be fine. Eventually, I want to buy a wheat huller and see if making my own flour will help.
I read an article about a lady to always milled her own wheat when making bread. Her wheat mill broke down and she started buying bread from the store and became ill. She was diagnosed being gluten insensitive and was told to stay away from wheat. She broke down and bought another wheat mill, which are not cheap, and her sensitivity went away. She believes the processing of bread was her enemy not wheat. Ummm I think I will try that later.
Note: When flour (white wheat berries) are milled the vitamins disappear within 70 hours leaving just fiber. That's why store bought bread adds all the vitamins back in. Read the labels. Do you have all those ingredients in your cabinet or can you buy those ingredients? Nope.
- Chicken veggie casserole/salad
- Pizza (no tomato sauce) with sauteed mushrooms/onions/and garlic,(garlic infused olive oil is my sauce). I will top it with the fresh basil I bought. ummm I don't use much cheese just a bit when cooking the pizza and top the pizza at the end with Parmesan cheese.
- Caesar Salad with grilled salmon (home made dressing with anchovies and tons of garlic)
- Shrimp stir fry with bok choy/green onions/carrots over rice
- Asian salad with marinated beef strips
What fresh produce did you buy this week?