EMAIL

For questions or comments you don't want left on this blog please email me. Put TinCanCooking in subject area.

Copy and paste in your own web email box.
rwngwacko2@aol.com

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

ONE POT MEAT LOAF

I am always looking for ways to not cook in my toaster oven, since my real oven is awful and only for pan storage.
This time I took a meatloaf recipe and tried it out in my "One Pot Pan".
I use a 2" chicken fryer pan, because it is deep enough for meat loaf logs.
I suppose I should have taken pictures but didn't. I will next time.
Putting both oblong meat loafs in this pan is just right. Remember not to handle the loaf much when mixing. Just get it together and softly form two loafs.

ONE SKILLET MEAT LOAF
3 tablespoon olive oil
1 large onion chopped                 
1 clove garlic
1 tsp dried thyme leaves
2 tsp fine sea salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
2 tablespoon chili sauce
1/3 C chicken broth
3 tsp Worchester sauce
1/3 C chicken broth or left over tomato sauce
½ C dried bread crumbs
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
2 eggs
2# 91% or higher ground beef ( you could subsitute 1/2 lb of lamb)
4 tablespoons ketchup
In large medium hot chicken fry skillet add 1 tablespoon olive oil, onion cook 2 minutes. Add garlic, thyme, salt, pepper, chili sauce, broth, Worchester sauce. Cook 5 minutes. Take out of pan and set aside to cool.
In large bowl, combine ground beef, parmesan, bread crumbs, and eggs. Add onion mix. Be careful not to mix or pack meat.
Heat large chicken fry pan. Add 1 tablespoons olive oil. Make two large loafs and set side by side in pan.
Top with 2 tablespoons ketchup on each loaf. Cook on low for 1 hour. Add a little water in the beginning. Keep the lid on and cook until done.
Makes 6 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment