EMAIL

For questions or comments you don't want left on this blog please email me. Put TinCanCooking in subject area.

Copy and paste in your own web email box.
rwngwacko2@aol.com

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Nachos

Years ago before I knew about healthy eating we used to go to Costco and buy that large can of Nacho cheese. Or even worse the block of yellow cheese on the grocery store shelf. OMG how could I have done that.
"If you cant make or buy the ingredients in any food you buy, DON'T BUY IT"

A long time ago I posted a pic of my homemade Nachos.

Since it is so hot outside we decided to make Nachos with what we had in the house.

No Meat Nachos 2 servings

I made a cheese sauce:

Melt 2 tablespoons butter, add 2 tablespoons flour. Cook for 3 minutes.
Add 1 cups milk. When heated it will be thick. Add enough milk to make a medium thick sauce.
Add 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese, or any yellow cheese you might have.
Cook on medium heat until all the cheese is melted.

Put a thin layer of tortilla chips on a plate, put some cheese sauce over them and add as many layers as you like. Top with sliced olives, salsa, and sour cream. You could add avocados if you like.

Here is a previous picture of Beef Nachos I made earlier.
NO BOX MIX HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment